The church fellowship traces its beginnings back to about 1640, to the village of Kensworth. Dissenters from the established church met in private houses. By 1720 the St Albans congregation acquired a permanent home on this location.
The current church was built in 1885. In 1989 the Cross Street Centre was opened, and in June 2002 the link with the main church was completed. At the same time redevelopment of the church interior gave us the flexible and pleasant interior we now have.